Microsoft, few days back released the Windows 10 technical preview and today it has released its first build update to the Windows 10 technical preview and it adds the Action center, battery saver and some other things. It is the first update of the many updates to come and in fact there is already a small patch for the build which has released today. Here is how to install new builds of Windows 10 technical preview using the Windows update.
- First click on the Windows start button and then type Windows update in the search field.
- Now click on the Windows update settings
- In the Windows update settings, click on Preview builds
- Now click on Check now
- Once if it finds that there is any new build available, click on download and the update starts downloading. The package is very large and you must be patient until it downloads.
- Eventually, you will find a button to install the new build.
The another feature that comes with the build 9860 of the Windows 10 technical preview is the ability to choose how fast or slow you receive the new builds. Users who choose to receive them faster to get the newer updates quickly, may get at the risk of getting buggier builds. This new update will let the users to move their active app from one monitor to another, if they have more than one display captivated with the keyboard shortcut WIN+SHIFT+. Microsoft said,
[quote]One of the pieces of feedback which you gave us that it was hard to know when you were switching the desktops. We addressed your feedback by adding the animation to make it clear which you are switching. Check it out by creating some new desktops and moving between them.[/quote]