The Sony Xperia X8 was launched back in year of 2010 with Android 2.1 eclair and there are no signs for the owners to get any latest Android update on to their device. Now I have a great news for all Sony Xperia X8 users that can get an update but the process of getting it is unofficial.
The title of this post your read is absolutely correct and 100% working. Now you can upgrade your Sony Xperia X8’s existing Android to by following this step-by-step guide to Update Sony Xperia X8 to Android KitKat 4.4. To avoid any kind of damage, follow the procedure as mentioned below otherwise it may brick your device. Also do not try this process on any device other than Xperia X8.
As it told this is an unofficial process, it requires device must be rooted and installed either CWM or TWRP recovery. Without root access you cannot upgrade your Xperia X8 to Kitkat 4.4. So first go to the internet and search for the rooting and CWM installation guide.
Things to be done
- First backup the important data on your device’s internal memory. This process may wipe out all the data from the internal memory.
- Before starting the updating process make sure that your device’s battery is more than 75%.
- Download and install proper USB drivers for your device from official Sony website.
- Enable USB debugging mode by going to Settings>>Applications>>Developer Options>>USB Debugging.
- Download the files that are required to install KitKat 4.4 on your Xperia X8 aka Shakira.
- Download KitKat ROM
- Download G-Apps
How to update Sony Xperia X8 to Android Kitkat 4.4
- Downloaded all the required file on your computer?? Great, now copy both the downloaded zip file on your device’s SD card by connecting your device via USB cable. (Better you do not keep those data in any folder).
- Now you need to switch off your device and reboot into recovery mode, press Volume Down+Home+Power button for few seconds.
- Once after entering into the recovery mode, you will see some options that can perform.
- First do perform the factory reset, it will delete all you stored data.
- Now from the main recovery menu select ‘install zip from SD card‘ and then browse the KitKat ROM zip file from the SD card and allow it to flash the ROM and wait for the process to complete.
- Again follow the same Step-5 but this time if it ask you to browse the file, browse the G-Apps zip file instead the ROM file and do the same as you did in the above step.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Reboot it normally and wait for the device to start for the first time to load all the processes and services.
Great! You have updated your Sony Xperia X8 to Kitkat 4.4. Keep visiting our site for more Android tweaks and custom ROM. Share this post to the friend who own this smartphone and waiting to get the KitKat update.