Great new for all Galaxy Note 2 users who are more interested in latest flagship Note 4, this time also with this latest launch Samsung has done some blastic changes with the UI that make it more attractive and optimizes the productivity. Tough I am not much crazy about Samsung smartphones but I’m impressed with Galaxy Note 4 and its feature.
In terms of hardware also it does compete with all other high end devices from HTC, SONY, and other brands. Apart from praising the latest Note 4 i have something for Note 2 users, now they can transform Galaxy Note 2 into Galaxy Note 4 using Ditto Custom ROM with almost all working features comes with Note 4.
The Ditto Note 4 ROM is based on stock 4.4.4 Touchwiz ported from the Galaxy S3 and is packed with most of the latest apps found on the Note 4 making it a hot cake for the bored Galaxy Note 2 users. We found almost all apps and features of the newly launched Note 4 in this ROM, thanks to the Team Electron for making this beautiful piece of work and gifting it to Note 2 users. The ROM comes pre-rooted and de-odexed and runs on Agni kernel by default which is popular among Note 2 users.
Steps are mentioned below to help you get the ROM easily on your device. But before going through the installation process check out the things you need to do.
Things you need to do
- This will void the warranty of your device.
- Download and install proper USB drive, you might use Samsung Kies.
- The process mentioned below requires a Windows PC.
- You must have enabled the USB debugging on your device (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging).
- For security reasons, create a complete backup of all your data.
- Make sure you device has been rooted and installed Custom recovery(TWRP/CWM).
- Download Download Ditto Note 4 ROM
How to transform Galaxy Note 2 into Galaxy Note 4 using Ditto ROM
- Once after downloading and fulfilling the criteria mentioned above, copy the downloaded ROM file into your device’s SD card(Try not to put inside any folder).
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode, standard method to do this is, press and hold Home+Volume Up+Power button until you see manufacturer’s logo on the screen. Or else you can use this Reboot Manager app to do the same easily.
- Now make a full wipe of the device which includes the cache, dalvik cache and System.
- Then go the menu and select ‘Install zip’. Select ‘choose zip from SDcard’ and select the Ditto Note4ROM File you have just copied and flash it.
- Reboot your device.
Now your device will boot up with new Samsung Galaxy Note 4 features and brand new UI that will make you proud of having Note 2 instead of being fantasize about the Note 4.