As we Know that the Xperia Z3 is the latest flagship Smartphone of Sony Xperia series. If you are planning to root this latest flagship Sony Smartphone, then I can help you with this article. Once you have followed all the simplest steps which are given below, then you’ll have root-access on your Sony Xperia Z3 Smartphone.
Here are Benefits of Rooting of the Sony Xperia Z3
- After rooting you can able to remove the apps which were pre-installed by your carrier/manufacturer from your device that you not want your Smartphone
- Free up storage space (because of the above benefit). You will maximum Phone storage
- After the rooting you can observe that battery life of the Smartphone is increases (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance (after removing apps that are always running, the device will be less bogged down and run smoother).
- You will get updated and the latest version of Android Operating System (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- It provide customization’s option when you use your new found administrative rights to flash a custom ROM (again, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
Requirements for Rooting of the Xperia Z3
- This will void the warranty of your device. So we are won’t be held responsible for the consequences of this procedure.<lime/li>
- This should work for the D66XX variants of the device.
- You must have to unlocked the bootloader of the device before doing this procedure.
- You must be running on stock Android 4.4.4 firmware for this to work.
- This should flash a custom recovery as well.
Here are Files to Download
- Download Fastboot and save it to your desktop. You can download from here!
- Download Advanced Stock Kernel and save it to your desktop. Click here! to download.
- Download SuperSU .zip and save it to your desktop. You can download from here!
Before Rooting Flashing a Custom Recovery on the Sony Xperia Z3
- For this you have to extract the files from Fastboot to your desktop by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- And after that you have to enable USB debugging on your device by heading to Menu > Settings > Developer options > USB debugging.
- Now you can plug in your device to your PC using the USB cable.
- Now you have to launch the Command Prompt Window on your desktop. To do that, hold down Shift and right-click on any blank area on your screen and select Open command window here.
- Now you can type in following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot fastboot
- Now your device should reboot into fastboot mode.
- Once there, issue the following command:
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- It should flash the boot image on your device.
- When it’s done, issue the following command:
- Your device should reboot.
Steps to Rooting the Sony Xperia Z3
- First of all you have to plug in your Xperia device to your PC via the help of USB cable.
- After that you have to copy SuperSU.zip from your desktop over to the root of your SD card.
- When it’s copied, Now you have to unplug your device from your PC.
- Now you can turn OFF your device.
- Turn it back on by holding down Volume UP and together.
- Your device should reboot into CWM Recovery Mode.
- Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
- Choose SuperSU.zip to be flashed on your device.
- Hit Yes when prompted and it should begin flashing the selected file on your device.
- When the flashing’s done, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.