Apple released iOS 8.0.1 today and this update is due to complaints about dropped calls. The latest update to iOS 8 caused some iOS users to lose their cellular service and disable the Touch ID finger print sensor on certain devices.
To overcome this issue Apple pulled out a new updated iOS 8.0.1 to the users, If you are already updated your device to iOS 8.0.1 update there is also a chance to roll back your device to iOS 8. If you are not aware of this then go through this article which guides you to roll back to iOS 8. By downloading the final build of iOS 8 as it was released as an IPSW file, you can restore your iPhone to the latest stable version.
To begin downloading the IPSW file, Head over to this site and select your device from the drop-down menu. This is an official copy from Apple that we are being pointed to from a third-party site. We used this method to restore our own iPhone and can confirm it works. The download may take a few minutes depending on your Internet connection.
For both the device we can download the IPSW file directly, For iPhone 6 Click here where as for iPhone 6 Plus can be get here. This will auto matically start downloading the file to the computer.
Now Follow the steps to get the iOS 8 Back
- After completing of downloading IPSW file directly to the computer or laptop then connect your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 plus to the system and open iTunes.
- Now select the backup options under the ” this computer” and tap on backup now. This will take a snapshot of all your contacts, emails, apps and settings. Finally stores it on your computer.
- On iTunes in Windows, hold down the Shift key and click the Restore option. Next, select your iPhone’s IPSW file and follow the prompts.
- Those who are using OS X, Hold down Alt key and click the restore option in iTunes and select your device IPSW file and follow the prompts.
- Wait until IPSW to unload on your iPhone and you need to disable the find my iPhone which founds in your iCloud settings.
- Once your iPhone has been restore to iOS 8 your device will be wiped clean.
- No need to worry you can take backup from your iTunes.
- Click on the restore backup and tap on the latest backup which you have performed just now.
- Wait the process to complete.
- That’s it now your iOS 8 is back on your iPhone.