Earlier this year Sony has launched the Z1 Compact in Xperia line up with 4.3 display compared to its elder sibling the Xperia Z1 it fits easily in your hand. Sony has not chopped much the performance, features and hardware except the display. Before this, many other smartphone brands did the same, such as Samsung’s Galaxy S4 mini, HTC One mini etc.
I know why you are here, but if you are rooting for the first time time then be careful and read this article before starting the process. At any situation you get some doubt or difficulty please do comment them below, I will try to solve them out for sure as soon as I get time.
Why you should root your device
- You can install any Custom ROMs after rooting and Custom Recovery for better performance and user interface.
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Update to a new version of Android with Custom ROMs before official update.
- Free up storage space by removing apps and services that were pre-installed by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Charge your Xperia Z1 Compact up to 70%, as it consumes more battery than usual.
- Download and install proper USB driver on your computer.
- Take a complete data backup of your device by choosing suitable app from Play Store.
- Enable USB debugging mode of your phone, here is the path Settings->Applications->Developer Options->check USB debugging mode.
- Download Android SDK and install it on your computer. Here is the complete tutorial to setup Android SDK for this device.
DooMLoRD’s Custom Kernel for Z1 Compact
SuperUser Zip File
How to root Sony Xperia Z1 Compact and install CWM recovery
- Transfer the DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW.img ( DooMLoRD Custom Kernel ) file to the platform-tools folder on your computer. You will find this folder in Android SDK.
- Switch off your device, and press and hold the Volume Up button and connect the device to the PC using a data cable to restart your Xperia Z1 compact into Fastboot Mode.
- Open Command Prompt inside the “Platform folder”. Use this shortcut right click+Shift.
- Run the command given below:
fastboot flash boot Z1c_DooMLoRD_AdvStkKernel_FW.img
- You have successfully install custom ROM on your Xperia Z1 compact, now you need to flash the rootable file which you have downloaded on your computer.
- Connect your device to your PC and transfer the SuperSu zip file to the SD card of your device.
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode, press and hold Volume Up+Power button to enter into the CWM recovery mode.
- Using your volume keys go to the option called “install zip from SD card” select and browse the SuperSU zip and begin flash process.
- Reboot normally.
This time your Xperia Z1 compact will up with root access and installed CWM recovery.