Couple of days back Google has launched the Kitkat 4.4.3 updates to all their Nexus users and now we have rooting guide to them. If you are looking to root your device after updating it to latest KitKat 4.4.3 than sit tight to get into the tutorial.
This is the fact that these days people after getting any phone or updating the software wants to customize their device. Root access be the first thing we people do with the device. Nexus 7 tab currently running on the most updated Android Kitkat 4.4.3. A very big advantage of Open source software is that, you can do anything that you want.
Here below I have posted the tutorial to get root access of Nexus 7 2013 no matter you have wi-fi or Cellular, this guide is compatible on both. If you also have Google Nexus 5 then follow this link to root the smartphone.
The tutorial is not much complex but you must be careful throughout the process. Before going to the process, go to the requirements of this rooting guide and fulfill them.
- Make sure that battery of the device is more than 70%, rooting consumes more battery and avoid the unnecessary shutdowns.
- Bootloader must be unlocked, follow this link to get your task done.
- Rooting is not an authorized process and voids the warranty of the device.
- Enable the USB debugging on your device by heading over to the Settings>>Applications>>Developer Options>>USB debugging.
- Rooting allows you to customize with many new options such as frees up the internal memory, improves the battery life and more that you can’t do as a normal user.
- Download and install USB drivers from on your device.
- Before rooting back up all your data on the phone memory, because rooting wipes out all the data on phone memory.
Files to download
How to root Nexus 7 2013 on Android Kitkat 4.4.3
- Download both the from the above link on your PC and paste the CWM recovery on Fastboot folder,(You will get this folder after unlocking the bootloader).
- Connect your device and transfer the SuperSU file on your device’s SD card.
- Turn of your device and go into the Fastboot/Bootloader mode, Press and hold Volume Down+Power button until you something on your screen.
- Open Command prompt inside the Fastboot folder, Shift+Right Click and open command prompt here.
- Now connect the device to your PC.
- Type the command one by one
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After reboot, turn off your device and again go into Bootloader/Fastboot, to do so press and hold Volume Down+Power button for few seconds.
- Now choose Recovery mode, and navigate to the option called “install zip from SD card” and then browse the SuperSU zip file which you transferred to your device’s SD card.
- Confirm installation and reboot your device.
This time your device will boot with root access and installed custom Recovery.