Since 2006, Google has been running a re-seller program for Google Apps for work and some other programs around some of its services and due to this the landscape of the cloud services has been changing significantly. Today Google is launching and consolidating the Google for Work and Education programs under Google Apps for work and Education partner program. Lots of schools and companies around the world shown their interest towards Google to help them build, launch and transform their organizations into the cloud.
This new partner program will combine the existing Google’s programs around Chrome, Google Apps, Cloud, Maps and Search. Google idea here is to allow its “partners to better sell, innovate and offer better service across Google for Work and Education suite of products and platforms”.
This program will have three tracks such as sales, services and technology and here is the description of them.
[quote]1. Sales track is for the partners whose core proficiency is marketing and selling the Google for Education and Work programs at high volume. Selling products includes ongoing account management and renewals associated with the partner’s customers.
2. Service track is for those who provide the full range of services to the customers such as selling, training, consulting, implementing and providing technical support for the Google Education and Work products.
3. Technology track is for those who create the products and solutions that complement, enhance or extend the reach or functionality of Google for work and Education products. [/quote]
To provide the better customer support, Google also updated the application process for Google for Work and Education partner services, which is expected to roll out in early 2015. Partners will receive great range of benefits including,
- Access to Google connect, which is known as one-stop community for partners to access marketing campaigns, support resources and training and sales content
- Console to manage customer accounts
- Ongoing program communications
- Listing in Google’s partner directory
- Resale discount on list price on Google’s products
There will be two partner tiers for this products, standard tier and premier tier. Premier tier is for the partners who have demonstrated higher level of excellence in their track. All partners will get the access to Google’s connect community for partners, listing in Google’s partners directory, premier partners will also get additional benefits such as dedicated partner manager support, co-marketing opportunities and access to the funding and financial incentives.