For iOS icloud is managing and organizing our contacts, sometimes things can go wrong. Even if you don’t use iCloud, contact management in a proper way duplicate contacts may occurs. Users are facing most common issues people experience is duplicate contacts. You can obviously go through one by one and delete them but if there’s a lot, that’s not a practical solution. Luckily, there are some App Store apps that help you clean up duplicate contacts in only a few seconds. This article brings you about How to quickly find and delete duplicate contacts on iOS.
Steps to find and delete duplicate contacts on iOS
- Initially download smart merge from the App store which is available for free.
- Install smart Merge and follow the steps in order to create a login.
- This application Smart merge automatically start scanning your contacts once you have grand success.
- In order to show duplicates tap on show duplicates and tap on duplicate contacts in the first section to expand them.
- Tap on the Info button next to contacts smart merge has flagged in order to review changes.
- If you find a contact that you no need to merged or deleted as a duplicate and tap on it to deselect it.
- Once all the contacts are your contacts that are duplicates or need to be merged are selected tap on merge on the bottom.
Its better reviewing duplicates before merging since sometimes you may have a contact with the same name that is not actually a duplicate. This application Smart Merge offers a lot of other useful features which includes contact backup options and the ability to sort contacts and filter them in ways the inbuilt contact application does not allow.