Google Chrome is undoubtedly the most popular web browser available in the market. If you use Google Chrome as a default web browser and get annoying notifications all the time while browsing different types of websites or using various apps through the browser, we are here to guide you on disabling such desktop notifications on Google Chrome browser while exploring YouTube, Google Drive etc.
By default, Google Chrome browser sends you notifications while exploring various websites and apps through the browser. This is the basic settings which come with the Google Chrome’s browser while you explore the web. Many websites want you to know about something which is important and for that very same reason, such websites send regular notifications to your desktop. However, many users don’t find it useful and they want to turn such notifications off.
You can easily disable such annoying and unwanted notifications on your Chrome browser so you will no longer notify with any notifications on your desktop. Google Chrome has everything which you can setup according to your requirements. You can also change the notification and can add a desired websites to receive notifications from.
If you browse the web through Google Chrome’s Incognito mode, then you don’t have to worry about the notifications as you will not get any notifications while browsing the web through Incognito mode. Google Chrome lets you allow or block notifications as per your basic requirements. Let’s get on to the steps to disable notifications from the Chrome web browser.
Disable Desktop Notifications on Chrome
Step 1 :
Launch the Google Chrome web browser on your PC laptop.
Step 2 :
At the top right corner you would see three dotted button, click on to this button and it will bring a dropdown menu to your desktop.
Step 3 :
From the dropdown menu, click on to the Settings option.
Step 4 :
Scroll down and at the end, you would see Advanced option. Kindly select this option from here.
Step 5 :
Under Privacy and security option, there will be an option, “Content Settings”
Step 6 :
From here, click on to the Notifications option.
Step 7 :
From here, you can choose whether to block down or to allow the sites to get desktop notifications. There will be three different options available on this page.
- Block all : Turn Off – Ask before sending
- Block a site : Click on to Add button, enter the site’s URL and click Add button.
- Allow a site : Click on to Add button, enter the site and click Add button.
This is how you can manage the desktop notifications on Google Chrome browser. By choosing the first option, Chrome will ask you for the notifications before sending it out to your desktop. If you click the allow button, only then the site will send the notifications in future. If you ignore the message, the site will ask you again whenever you open it again on your PC through Google Chrome browser.
If you choose Block a site option and enter a particular URL, Chrome will block down that site completely so you will never receive any notifications from that site in future.
If we talk about the third option, Allow a site, it will ask you to enter the URL of the site from which you want to receive regular notifications. Once you enter the URL and hit the Add button, the site will be added to receive notifications.
Websites and apps such as Youtube, gmail, docs, photos etc. also send you regular notifications which you can change as per your requirements. While using the Chrome browser, such websites also sends you notifications which you can manage easily. Let’s see how can we do so!
Manage notifications of YouTube on Google Chrome
1. Launch Google Chrome on your PC or Laptop.
2. Go to YouTube’s official website by entering its URL.
3. At the upper right corner, click on to your circled profile picture.
4. From the dropdown menu, click on to the Settings or we can say gear icon button.
5. You could see your profile and other options at the left side, from which you need to select the Notifications option.
6. Once you choose this, at the right side a new window will be seen from which you need to select Desktop notifications option.
7. Google Chrome’s option will be there, click on to the button to turn on or off the notifications on Google Chrome.
Manage notifications of Gmail on Google Chrome
1. Launch Google Chrome web browser on your PC or Laptop.
2. Now, enter the Gmail’s URL and launch Gmail app on your desktop.
3. At the top right corner you could see Gear icon, select this icon.
4. Scroll down till you see Desktop notifications.
5. From here, New mail notifications on, Important mail notifications on, or Mail notifications off.
6. Scroll down and select Save Changes option at the bottom of the page.
Manage notifications of Google Docs on Google Chrome
1. Launch Google Chrome web browser on your PC.
2. If you have a shared documents on Google with a number of people, you would receive many email notifications in the inbox.
3. Under your profile name at the right corner, click on to the Comments option.
4. A dropdown menu will be appeared from which you need to select the Notifications option.
5. Select None option from the dropdown menu.
Manage notifications of Google Drive on Google Chrome
1. Launch Google Chrome web browser from your Desktop or PC.
2. Go to Google drive’s page by entering its URL.
3. At the top right corner you could see a Gear icon. Click on to this option.
4. From here, click on to the Settings option.
5. At the left panel, you could see various options from which you need to select the Notifications option.
6. From here, you can check or uncheck the notifications icon as per your requirements.
So folks, this is how you can easily manage all the notifications of your subscribed channels or websites or from the people with whom you have shared a particular document with. Google Chrome allows you to manage all the notifications as per your requirements. You can either allow or block down the websites to send notifications in future.
If you have anything to share, let us know in the comments section given below this post. Your feedbacks are always welcomed. For more such useful tips and updates, stay tuned with us.