Yahoo Messenger displays the ads in the main window, chat window and webcam window. There are so many third party applications available which remove the ads from the Yahoo messenger. But there is a problem with those third party applications is that they don’t work with the new messenger versions and you need to wait for the third party applications to get the new version for the latest version of the Yahoo! messenger.
If you don’t want to use the third party applications, but you want to remove the ads from the Yahoo! messenger window, here are the two manual method for you.
- using hosts file
- using Registry editor
How to disable annoying ads in Yahoo Messenger
Using Hosts file
- In this method, you need to edit the system file Hosts. For this you need to download the Host Mechanic to edit the Hosts file.
Download Host mechanic
- After downloading the above mentioned tool, now enable 127.0.0.1 checkbox and then type insider.msg.yahoo.com in Site : textbox.
- Now click on Add to host button and then close the program.
That’s it, now start the Yahoo! messenger and from now you will not see the annoying ads.
Using Registry Editor
In this method you need to edit the Windows Registry
- Type regedit in RUN or start menu search and then hit Enter. It will open the Registry Editor.
- Now go to the following key
- In the right side pane, you will see DWORD Enable messenger Ad which would be set to 1.
- Double-click on it and change its value to 0.
That’s it, now start the Yahoo Messenger and you will not see any annoying ads.