Recently, the Motorola has started rolling out the Android 4.4.4 KitKat for Moto series, the Moto X, Moto G and Moto E. Though it’s not a major update, but got some stability and performance enhancement. Basically in KitKat 4.4.4 there ware now UI tweaks to see after the upgrade. However, there are many Custom ROMs available for both Moto X and Moto G (I am not sure about Moto E because this is new still I haven’t seen any ROM for this device) using which you can not only change the users interface but also enhance the device performance. Custom ROMs are unofficial builds filled with a lot of tweaks, mods, features, themes and much more.
Today, I have bought a nice, powerful Custom ROM for your Moto X based on the latest stable KitKat 4.4.4 version. The users who want to try out something new on their Moto X handset running Kitkat 4.4.4 must go for CMB ROM. It is a fully customizable ROM with a Gray ActionBars and Dark Black interface.
Thing to notice: Note: This ROM is compatible with all the variants of Moto X including AT&T, Tim Brazil, Verizon, Sprint etc.
- You can’t go further without enabling “USB Debugging” on your device.
- Please make sure that your battery must possess 70 – 80%.
- Your device bootloader must be unlock. If not, then search Google to get the tutorial.
- To flash the ROM, your device must be rooted and installed CWM recovery.
Files to Download
How to install CMB Custom ROM for Moto X on Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Once after downloading both the files, connect your device to your PC and transfer both the files to your device’s SD card
- Now switch off your device, because you have to put your device in recovery mode.
- Now start your device in to “Recovery mode”. For that, press and hold “Volume Up + Power” Keys for a few seconds.
- Once after entering into the recovery mode, here are the following task you need to accomplish first,
- Select “wipe data/factory reset“, then select “Yes” for confirmation, Now after completion of this process, go to CWM recovery main menu again.
- Select “wipe cache partition” and after that, select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
- Now, you are able to flash the actual ROM on your Moto X, from the recovery menu, select the option called “install zip from SD card” and select the ROM file you just copied to your SD card.
- Wait for this process to complete, once after that, again select the “install zip from SD card” option and browse the Gapps file from the SD card and flash it.
- Wait for the process to complete, after that just reboot your device normally.
Here also you might have to wait for your device little more than usual as it has to manage all the new processes for the first time with the new ROM.
Whoa! You have successfully installed CMB ROM on your Moto X.