As we already, said in our previous article the software giant Microsoft will released the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 in the upcoming weeks. And Now the Update 1 Developers View for Windows Phone 8.1 is rolling out in the Smartphones.
As we have reported in our earlier post, that the Update 1, also known as GDR 1. And this update will brings a number of new features to Windows Phone 8.1. In this update the biggest feature is Live Folders, that will allow the users to dynamically create folders on the Start screen of his Windows Smartphone. There are also other new features such as the Apps Corner, SMS merge and forwarding and much more.And this update brings the Cortana support outside the US, it means after this update 1 of Windows Phone 8.1, the Cortana will available for the UK and China, and India, Australia, and Canada Windows Smartphone users.
In the above screenshot of the Windows Phone you will see the update, which shows the versions numbers of what looks like two separate updates: 8.10.12400.899 and 8.10.14147.180. It would appear the latest version numbers is in fact Update 1 or as GDR 1.
Except these features the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 also brings numbers of added features such as-
- Improvements to video capture meta data tags (not sure what it means)
- Support for Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Disable voice mail phone number display
- OEMs can set a list of MCC/MNC pairs in the purchase order (PO)
- OEMs can configure a phone book entry for Cortana to allow users to start speech from a car
- Something with Phone cover settings
- OEMs will be able to hide the “Automatic search for updates” function
- Something with building images with user-managed software buttons
- Support for entity extraction in the Messaging app