The Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 started rolling out to users who are on Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developers. As the Windows Phone team at Microsoft has shared this news a few days ago, the latest update is also bringing the Cortana to China and UK in beta variant and to India, Australia, and Canada in alpha version.
And if you want to Activate Cortana alpha version in India, Canada, and Australia, then in this article you got the important steps which will help throughout.
Steps to activate Cortana alpha version
First of all you need to do is to change your speech settings to English US or UK. If any other permutation works, let us know in the comments.
- If you have changed the region or language settings previously to try out, Cortana when it’s released in the US, now you have reverted to the original settings for your country. After that a restart is required if you want to change these settings. If you have not, then confirm that the settings are in order.
- Language: English (India)/English (Canada)/English (Australia)
- Country/Region: India/Canada/Australia
- If you have not made any changes before, you’d need to start here and just change your speech settings.
- Speech: English (United Kingdom)/English (United States)/English (United Kingdom)
Now you have to Tap the search button, and you will have Cortana greeting you rather than the vanilla Bing screen. The top right corner will inform you that it’s an alpha version, so things might be awry or some features may not be available. The Microsoft would be learning from the user behavior to improve the experience as the product evolves.
Note : Make the Speech as a United Kingdom English, then it will work smoothly