A great news coming for HTC Droid DNA users, now you people can update your Verizon Droid DNA to Kitkat 4.4.2 with Sense 5.5 starting from 24th April 2014. HTC’s executive director revealed this news through a twitter post writing “DNA Owners! Appreciate your patience, we have technical approval for OS 4.4.2 + Sense 5.5. Expect OTA updates to start on 4/24. Thanks!”
Droid DNA users now start felling relief. It has been a long time coming, and after facing delays at the beginning in getting Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 to the handset, HTC prevailed pledged to updating the DNA to KitKat version 4.4.2. A proof to HTC’s new promised to support their lineup handsets with major software releases (even if the Droid DNA listed a few months ahead of the HTC One series).
In a period when 720p was still the standard, HTC crushed meeting, launch the first smart phone in the US with a full 1080p display. Some said it was pointless excess, yet my, the way time flies. It’s decent to see the DNA still holds an uncommon place in HTC’s heart, simply don’t want any real firmware upgrade from here on out. HTC’s will have done their part, breathing new life into Droid DNA, no doubt for the last time.
Official Specs of HTC Droid DNA
- Processor: 1.5 GHz, quad-core Krait Qualcomm MDM615m/APQ8064
- Display: 5.0 inch Super LCD3 capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Memory: 16 GB (11 GB for users), no memory card slot for storage expansion.
- Operating System: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, upgradable to KitKat 4.4.2
- RAM: 2 GB
- Camera: 8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash, 2.1 MP front facing camera
- Dimension: 141 x 70.5 x 9.7 mm (5.55 x 2.78 x 0.38 in)
- Weight: 141.4 g
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 2020 mAh battery