There is no doubt Whatsapp is now world’s most popular social messaging app available for almost all platforms such as Android, Windows Phone, iOS and Blackberry. I hope you know that to register with the WhatsApp, we have to provide our phone number also you know that the app allows only one number to use with it at one time.
But if you are using dual-SIM smartphone and want to migrate both numbers into a single WhatsApp then this is the point to think a bit, if you are looking for the solution then I can say, yes, we can use two numbers at the same time. This is good news for people like you who use dual sim phones and wish to register another number as well with the Whatsapp.
A new customized version of WhatsApp is available in the market by the name of OGWhatsapp. Allow users to use two numbers simultaneously, not only that it allows more features and access compared to the original app. Look at below the step by step guide to use two numbers on WhatsApp.
How to use two numbers on WhatsApp
- Take a back up of your Whatsapp messages, because there might some chance to lose your texts. You can find the backup option in your Whatsapp’s settings menu.
- Now after taking the backup you need to change the name of the folder from sdcard/Whatsapp to sdcard/OGWhatsapp.
- Now follow the Download link and get the OGWhatsapp on your device. Now uninstall the Original WhatsApp and then re-install.
- If you do not want to uninstall WhatsApp then you have an alternate option, you can simply clear data by going to phone’s settings ( Settings> Apps> Whatsapp> Clear Data).
- Also to get rid of any confusion you can rename Whatsapp to OldWhatsapp. Finally, you need to re-register with the OGWhatsapp with the same number you were previously using on Whatsapp and add a new account registering with your other number on the original Whatsapp.
- Now re-name Whatsapp folder to OGWhatsapp and re-name Oldwhatsapp to Whatsapp in settings.