Apple iOS 8 brings the swipe options that actually archive and trash simultaneously for the first time and here we can get the clear information about how to use archive and trash simultaneously on iOS 8 mail App. Let us follow the below steps who are not aware of this.
Steps to follow archive & trash simultaneously on iOS 8 Mail app
- Initially open the settings on your idevices like iPhone and iPad.
- Now Tap on the Mails, Contacts and Calenders and under Account section tap on your accounts which you wants to archive & trash together.
- If you are using iCloud mail, scroll to the bottom instead and tap on mail under advanced.
- Tap on account at the top.
- Tap on advanced at the bottom.
- Under mail box behaviors check whether the options set for deleted and archive boxes to where you want them.
- Choose archive under the Move discard messages into sections.
- Now tap on the account at the top to return back to previous menu.
- Tap done at the top of the next screen to save the changes and you need to tap on the back button which is situated at the upper left corner to return previous menu.
- Under mail section tap on the swipe options. There set Swipe right to Archive.
We have set the archive as the default option in step 7, choosing archive for swipe right will actually allow it to become a trash option instead. This means swiping right offers trash functionality now and swiping left offers archive options