If you don’t have a webcam, but you do have a Smartphone which runs the Android 2.2 or higher variant you can use that instead. All you need are a couple of pieces of software and app with a wifi connection. Here I give you some tips and tell you some apps by the use of that, you can use your Android Phone as a Webcam.
First of all you have need these numbers of things
- An Android Smartphone which runs on the Android 2.2 to latest Android 4.4.3 version.
- WI-FI connection
- The IP camera software which is available free on the Internet
- And IP Webcam app which available free in the Google Play Store
IP Webcamapp turning your phone into a network camera with multiple viewing options. View your camera on any platform with VLC player or web browser. Stream video inside WiFi network without internet access.
Now after that you have to install the IP camera software into your PC or laptop. And on the second side you have opened the IP Webcam app in your Android Smartphone. In this app you can adjust resolution, frames/second, which camera you are using as well the quality of the video also.
- Now using the Android phone as a web camera you has to open the app on your Android phone and choose the Start server option
- Then you will a IP address is displayed on your handset screen, then you have to copy this address and paste it into any browser of your system.
- Now a web page open which displaying many options – Now in all of them you have to choose the Open Media Stream and download it.
- Now open the file through VLC Player- your Android Phone is now become a Web camera.
Except that there are some other apps are also available in Google Play store, which can turn your Android phone into a web camera such as –
DroidCam Wireless Webcam
It is a free Android app, which turn your Android Smartphone into a wireless web camera. The app works with a PC Client component that installs the webcam drivers, and connects the computer with the Android device. The app easily works with a Windows or Linux clients, which are available. Only you have to simply visit www.dev47apps.com on your computer to download, install, and get more info on usage. You can download this app from here!
- Chat using “DroidCam Webcam” on your computer, including Sound* and Picture.
- Completely free, and unlimited usage!
- Connect over Wifi or USB cable.
- Keeps working wherever the Wifi signal reaches.
- Simple and efficient: Designed to save battery and space as much as possible.
This is a free app which is very useful for this category. With the help of this app you can use your Android Smartphone as a simple mobile webcam, Gsm camera or as a cloudcam via WIFI or Mobile Network. You can also store the images in the cloud with the use of this app. This app is also allowing you upload picture with various methods like http, FTP or Dropbox, send it with email or store on your SD card for example to create a time lapse video. You can download this app from here!