Every root users should have thank XDA developers and appreciate their seamless effort to provide needed ROMs, tools to make your smartphone run smoothly and utilize the device completely. Here I am going to guide you how to Update Xperia Z2 to very latest Kitkat 4.4.4 firmware with CyanogenMod custom ROM, however the method is unofficial and only root users can get that, the ROM comes with ton on new added features that you can’t see in normal users. The ROM allows you to customize everything starting from an icon to firmware update.
Key Features of CyanogenMod 11 M9
- Safe headset volume prompt
- Spam notification filtering
- Double-tap to sleep
- Data usage info (additional support for CDMA devices without SIM cards)
- Center clock support
- Performance improvement in ‘Torch’
- Bluetooth improvements (adds A2DP profiles)
Additional Proximity wake-up support option – prevents accidental wake-up of device (when kept in bag or pocket), by using sensor.
- Additional improvements and highlighting option for ‘Settings’ search
- Performance tweaks and many more improvements to enhance UI experience.
Things to be done:
- Your mobile should have 70 – 80% battery
- Ensure you have backed up your important data.
- Your device must be unlocked and have the root access with installed CWM/TWRP recovery.
- Make sure that you have enabled USB debugging. (Settings > System > Developer Options > Android Debugging).
Files to download:
How to Update Xperia Z2 to KitKat 4.4.4 via CyanogenMod ROM
- Download both the file on your PC and transfer them to the device’s SD card(Try not to put inside of any folder).
- Switch off your phone and boot into either CWM or TWRP recovery mode, CWM Recovery mode by pressing and holding “Power button and wait for the Sony logo to come up, then press the Volume Up button several times.”
- In the recovery mode, Select “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache partition“ and then go to advanced options and there select “wipe Dalvik Cache“.
- Then come back to the main recovery menu and select “install zip from SD card” and browse the CM11 zip file you have copied to the SD card.
- The process will take 3-5 minutes to install the ROM so wait for the whole process to complete.
- Repeat the same step 4 and 5, but this time instead of browsing CM11 zip, browse the Gapps zip file.
- Once you have flashed all the files successfully, go back to the main menu and select “reboot system” now.
Congrats! You have successfully updated your Xperia Z2 to KitKat 4.4.4 via CyanogenMod ROM.