A Firmware update has been available for Xbox One controller for a while now, but it is not mandatory to install it. If you have Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter along with your Xbox One, then this update is necessary as in order to work properly. It is very simple to install the update, all you need to do is follow the below steps.
How to update Xbox One controller
- Turn on your Xbox One device and sign into your Xbox Live account. This ensures that your Xbox One is connected online with the access to the latest updates.
- If you want to use the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter, just plug it into the bottom of your controller and plug in a headset.
- Now plug in the big end of the micro USB cable into the port on the side of the console and this cable includes the Xbox One packaging, but other USB cable should work like the cable which comes with your Windows Phone.
- Plug in the small end of the USB cable into the top of the controller.
- The update should start automatically and if doesn’t start automatically then press the menu button go to Settings>System>Update controller and then select continue.
- Follow the instructions carefully and do not disconnect the USB cable in the middle of the update process.
- After the update is complete disconnect the USB cable and if you have more controllers to update then connect them one each time and select “Update another” button on the screen. That’s it all your controllers one by one will be updated.
After completion of the update, Xbox One heads to the success screen within few seconds to indicating it is already updated. It is not the mandatory update, so you can update it on your wish.