Xperia P is one of the popular device from SONY falls under the pocket friendly device running 4.1 ICS Android version which according to now has been outdated powered by Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex A9 processor, specs wise the device packs almost everything except the Android version, so if you want to get the latest KitKat 4.4 using CM v11 ROM.
In case you don’t know about CyanogenMod, it is the most popular and widely used Android firmware that is available for several devices. In the following post we are going to install this Android 4.4.4 KitKat CyanogenMod 11 custom ROM on our beloved Xperia P, but your device must have root access and installed the CWM or TWRP custom Recovery on it.
- It is mandatory to have data backup before starting the process, because during the process you will lose all your device’s data, so create a data backup by using some suitable tool.
- Fully charge your device to prevent interruption while rooting.
- Download and install proper USB drivers on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your Sony Xperia P. (Settings->Applications->Developer Options->USB debugging mode)
- Download cm-11-20140804-SNAPSHOT-M9-nypon.zip [ROM.zip]
- Download Google Gaaps.zip
How to Update Sony Xperia P to KitKat 4.4 via CM11 ROM
- After Downloading both the file, connect your device to your PC via USB cable and copy the zip files into the device’s SD card, Try not to put inside any folder.
- Download Android ADB and Fastboot drivers to make it easy.
- Open the downloaded ROM.zip on your PC and extract the Boot.img file only.
- Now place the boot.img file in the fastboot folder that you downloaded.
- Now, open the fastboot folder. Press shift and then Right click on any empty area inside the folder, now select “Open command prompt here“. Now write the command given below on command prompt,
fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Now you need to start your device in recovery menu, just switch off your device and turn it on by pressing volume up and down keys along with power button, you will get the CWM interface.
- Among several option, select wipe the factory data, and then cache and dalvik cache.
- Now from the main recovery menu, select “Install Zip>Choose Zip from Sd card / external Sd card” and browse the cm-11-20140804-SNAPSHOT-M9-nypon.zip, press yes to flash the ROM on your device.
- Wait for few seconds, and repeat the same step 8 again, but this time select the Google Gapps.zip file instead of cm11 ROM.
- As soon as done flashing, clear cache and dalvik cache again.
Reboot system now, it may take up to 10 minutes in order to boot into home screen. Congrats! Enjoy unofficial Android 4.4.4 KitKat custom ROM on your Sony Xperia P now.