As we know that Google has only released Android L Developer Preview for its Nexus series smartphone series. However, the developers have managed to install the upcoming refurbished Android version to a couple of non-Nexus handsets as well from the official source code. The first non-Nexus device to get an unofficial Android L preview update was HTC One (M7) and, an another non-Nexus device is added to the list is LG Optimus G that has tasted the Android L. Luckily, if you have LG G Optimus then you can easily update it to Android L preview.
In this article, I have tried to make the tutorial to Update LG Optimus G E975 to Android L Developer Preview simple and easy to follow, still if you get any problem or doubt related to the process, can comment below. If you don’t have any idea about this update and how it works, then I would recommend not to go for this process, Well, you can just try out for some time to check out the features and revamped UI of upcoming major Android version.
- Your device must be rooted and CWM/TWRP Recovery installed on it. Search out website to get the appropriate guide for this.
- Ensure that you have enabled “USB Debugging” on your device.
- Your system must have installed appropriate USB drivers.
- It’s recommended to charge your device battery up to 70%.
- Download Android L ROM file
- How to update LG Optimus G E975 to Android L Developer Preview
- First of all download the ROM file on your computer from the above link.
- Once after completion of the download, connect your device to your PC and copy the downloaded file to your device memory.
- Now switch off your device, because this time you have to boot your device into “Recovery Mode”.
- To go into the recovery mode, just press and hold “Volume Down + Power button” for a few seconds. You will get a bootloader screen and from there, select “Recovery“.
- Once after getting into it, you will several option, select the “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache partition”.
- Now head over to “advanced options in CWM Recovery” from there, select “wipe Dalvik Cache.“
- Get back to the main recovery menu and select the option “install zip from SD card” > Browse the ROM (Which you have just copied into the SD card) > give “Yes” for confirmation.
The process will take 5-10 minutes to finish everything, wait for that and once after the completion, just reboot your device normally.
Congratulations! Your LG Optimus G E975 has been updated to latest Android L Developer Preview.