Just few days ago Google started rolling out the Kitkat 4.4.4 update, earlier it was only available for nexus devices, Now, if you have device mentioned in the title then this tutorial will sure help you out to Update/Install/Flash Official Android 4.4.4 Kitkat Stock Firmware In LG G Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition with easy method and steps. After Nexus device LG G Pad is first tablet to get Android 4.4.4 official update. The latest update is not till available on OTA. I’ve got this update from XDA forums. If you have Nexus device and are unable to get the official update then those users can also update it to Android 4.4.4 kitkat by following the tutorial posted here. So, lets do follow the guide step by step to update your device successfully.
Before going through the process, you first need to check out the requirement, fulfill them and then process further. Also make sure that you have cross-checked all the mentioned requirement.
Things to be Done
- You need to be ready with Windows PC/Laptop for this tutorial
- Its mandatory to have your device charged up to 70%.
- Your LG G Pad 8.3 GPE must be Un-rooted.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device. Settings-> Applications-> Developer Options->check USB debugging
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your device in PC.
- Setup ADB in your PC by following this steps.
How to update LG G Pad 8.3 GPE to Android 4.4.4
- First of all download OTA Update zip file and move it in C:\ADB Fastboot folder and rename the OTA Update file to update.zip.
- Now plugin your device to your PC using USB cable. Once again, make sure that you have enabled the USB debugging mode.
- Now open the CMD in your PC and run the following command to make sure that your device successfully connected and drivers are installed properly. Check the command prompt, if it shows your device’s ID then you have connected it properly.
- Now execute the following command:
adb reboot recovery
- Soon an exclamation mark will appear on your device’s display, now press the power button and then Volume Up to reboot it into recovery mode.
- Now using your volume key, select the option called “Apply Update from ADB”.
- After doing everything, execute this final command to update your device to KitKat 4.4.4.
adb sideload update.zip
- Now wait for the process until it completes all the processes. You will get an popup message after completion to reboot your device. Make sure that it will take little more time to start than usual.
That’s it, you have successfully updated your LG G Pad 8.3 GPE to Kitkat 4.4.4.