Its been always a drawback of getting HTC device as they don’t roll out software update on time. As of now only few of its smartphone running on latest Kitkat operating system. The HTC One X+ was launched back in October 2012 and still running Android Ice Cream Sandwich OS. In fact if we look back to its hardware, it is ready to compete with many smartphone launched recently.
Now if you have HTC One X+ then your wait is over, all the users having this device can update their smartphone to latest Kitkat via Pure AOSP ROM. However, the process is not official also you first have to root your device and install CWM recovery or TWRP recovery. Tutorials are easily available for your device over the internet.
In this post I will guide you how to Update HTC One X Plus to Kitkat 4.4 via Pure AOSP ROM. The process is carried out by Pure AOSP that helps the HTC One X+ to upgrade. By using the custom ROM you can easily grab Android 4.4 Kitkat on your device.
Requirements to update HTC One X+ to KitKat 4.4
- First of all you device must be rooted and unlocked bootloader, to unlock bootloader go to official HTCdev website.
- As I told earlier in this post, must be installed custom recovery.
- Charge your device minimum up to 70%.
- Create a complete backup of your data with the help of some best backup tool from Play Store.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device, Settings->Applications->Development->USB debugging.
- Download Pure AOSP ROM for HTC One X+
- Download G-Apps
Update HTC One X Plus to KitKat 4.4 via Pure AOSP ROM
- After downloading both the file on your computer just connect your device through USB cable to your PC and copy both the zip file to your device’s SD card. (Do not copy onside any folder).
- The next task of yours is to turn off your device and then turn it on into recovery mode by pressing Volume Down+Home+Power Button for few seconds.
- Select mount and storage option from recovery menu.
- You next task is to Format system, format data, format cache and press back button, after this step it will delete all your stored data from your device.
- Now Select Full Wipe, followed by wipe cache.
- Now perform this job wipe dalvik cache.
- After completing all the wiping task mentioned above, now select ‘install Zip from SD Card’ it will ask you to provide the zip file, select the ROM file which you have copied in to your device’s SD card.
- After flashing the go back to the main menu and follow the step-7 again and select the G-apps package instead of ROM.
- Lastly select Reboot system now to restart your phone in normal mode.
Wait for the device to start completely, it takes little more time to start than usual. Comment below if someone is facing issues with the tutorial or getting trouble while following the tutorial. I will try to solve them all.