Facing issues with rooted OnePlus One smartphone? You can use this method to just unroot your OnePlus One and then go back and flash different ROMs or start over with your tinkering, or you can bring it completely back to stock firmware in case you need to send it in for warranty. It includes downloading a powerful toolkit developed by an XDA developer, and using that to flash the original CyanogenMod 11S firmware onto the device which is great thing, you should at least thank him for this great effort, then we walk in and re-lock the bootloader to pack the root and lock it. Here is how to unroot OnePlus One to get Stock CM11S ROM with the available toolkit.
- Make Sure that you have install java plugin to your device, or else follow this link to download the latest one.
- You must have to be ready with a Windows-based PC with charged OnePlus One up to 60%.
- You must have rooted device to avail this tutorial.
- Take backup of all your important data before going into this.
Files to download
- OnePlus One Toolkit– Download
How to Unroot OnePlus One with Toolkit method
>> Install and Configure OnePlus One ToolKitfa
- Once after downloading the toolkit, install it in your PC and launch it. (Make sure that you have installed the /java on your PC).
- One the appeared toolkit window click on Download ADB Drivers and Install it.
- Now go to the Phone Settings and keep tapping on About Phone until it says you have enabled developer options.
- Then Go back and tap on Developer Options and enable Android Debugging.
- Now the time is to connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
>> Flash latest Stock CM 11S Firmware
- Open the Toolkit on your PC and select the option ‘Enter Fastboot/Recovery Mode‘.
- Click on Flash CM11S to flash the original firmware.
- Now, check the App menu, you won’t see any SuperSU app anymore.
>> Flash Stock Recovery
- Again from the toolkit window, select the ‘Enter Fastboot/Recovery Mode‘.
- On Flash Recovery, select the Stock Recovery.
>> Finally lock the bootloader
- For the last time, click on ‘Enter Fastboot/Recovery Mode‘.
- Click OEM Lock, soon your device will restart
- When it happens means you are done successfully with the process.
We are always ready to help you, in any case you feel uncomfortable or feel difficulty to move further, comment below. I will try to solve them all as soon as I get time.