Google along with the collaboration with HTC has launched a next generation digital slate with powerful hardware and newly updated version of Android Lollipop. HTC this time has refurbished the Nexus tablet series to make it able to compare with almost all the available tablets fall in its range. It features a pair of dual BoomSound speakers. Its thickness is 7.9 mm and weighs 436 g. The Nexus 9 is available in color variants like black, white and sand.
The Google Nexus 9 pack Nvidia this time rather than typical Snapgradon chipset, packs Nvidia Tegra K1 dual-core Denver processor that offers a clocking speed of 2.3 GHz and is coupled by Kepler DX 1 graphics and 2 GB of RAM. The tablet is also available in storage variants like 16 GB and 32 GB.
Well Nexus 9 was available only a few days ago, and today on the XDA the rooting method is available for Nexus 9 along with the bootloader unlocking script, which is by far the same for all the Nexus devices.
- Remove apps that were pre-installed by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Update to a new version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance (after removing apps that are always running, the device will be less bogged down and run smoother).
- Free up storage space (because of the above benefit).
- Many of other customization options are there you can get by flashing a custom ROM that requires root access.
Things to be done
- This will void the warranty of your device.
- Download and install proper USB driver
- The process mentioned below requires a Windows PC.
- You must have enabled the USB debugging on your device (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging).
- For security reasons, create a complete backup of all your data.
- Configure Fastboot and ADB on your Computer (Search Google for the solution).
How to unlock Nexus 9 Bootloader
- Open your Nexus 9 Settings app.
- Navigate to Developer Options and Tick the Enable OEM unlock.
- Also Enable the USB Debugging mode that helps you connect to your PC with more access of your hardware.
- Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder.
- Boot your Device in Bootloader mode, Power Off your device and then press and Hold Power + Volume Down, until you are in bootloader mode.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Once the connection is successful,
fastboot oem unlock
- Press Volume up to continue, when prompted.
- That is it, all your data is erased and Bootloader is unlocked.
How to root Google Nexus 9
- Now copy the Readme.txt, inject.img and Patched.img to Fastboot folder.
- Once Again, Open Command Prompt in Fastboot folder
- Boot your Device in Bootloader mode, Power Off your device and then press and Hold Power + Vol. Down, until you are in bootloader mode.
- Connect your device with PC.
- Now in command prompt, type: fastboot boot inject.img
- Once again, Type: fastboot flash boot patched.img
- Once the Process is over, type: fastboot reboot.
For any kind of help, you can drop a comment with a detailed issues.