Microsoft has introduced lots of new features with Windows 8.1 Operating System. In addition to familiar features such as boot-to-desktop mode and start button on the desktop, Microsoft has thrown some new features for the photo enthusiasts with the Windows 8.1 update. One of such feature is the ability to set the lock screen to the rotating slideshow of images from your device and SkyDrive cloud storage.
Here is the tutorial to enable this feature and to enable this make sure that you are in the modern UI mode rather than plain desktop mode. Follow the step-by-step instructions given below.
How to turn Windows 8.1 lock screen into slideshow
- Pull the Charms menu from the right corner of the screen in your Windows 8.1 PC. Click on the settings icon present at the bottom of the menu.
- Click on Change PC settings below the power and keyboard controls.
- Now click on lock screen, which is the first option in the left hand PC and devices column.
- Here toggle on Play a slide show on the lock screen
- Click on + button below use Pictures from. This will now allow you to add the pictures from the specific folders on your device.
- Toggle on the slider for Let Windows choose the pictures for my slideshow, if you want the Windows to automatically select the photos from your PC for the slideshow.
- Set the time for how long your PC should be inactive before the slideshow appears. By default, the slideshow is scheduled to appear after your device has been inactive for 15 minutes. You can change this in the drop down menu beneath Show the lock screen after my PC is inactive for and browse the options from one minute to one hour.