Whenever you browse the internet, install the new application, copy or download the videos, songs and images in your computer, you actually fill the hard disk with lots of data. If your PC is running on Windows OS, then it regularly downloads the security updates and hotfixes to keep your PC safe, which also stores lots of data on your disk.
So many times you may face a problem that your Hard disk run out of space and you need some space to download the new data. In this conditions you can delete some temp files and can clear your browser cache to reclaim the free space. Below is the tutorial for how to reclaim the free space by removing the old Windows update files in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.
Reclaim free space by removing old Windows updates files in Windows
If you are using Windows 8 or 8.1 you can follow the below steps to remove the unnecessary updates and files from your PC to save the space.
- Click on Computer or This PC icon and right click on C: drive and select Properties option.
- Now it will open the C: drive properties window and click on Disk Cleanup button.
- It will take few seconds to calculate how much free space you will get after removing the temporary files. Once the calculation is done, then it will open the disk clean up window.
- Now click on Clean up system files button.
- Again, it will take few seconds to calculate the free space and you will get the advanced disk cleanup window. Now here you can select the desired options and make sure to select the Windows update Cleanup option and this helps you to get the huge amount of free space on your hard disk.
- After selecting the desired options, click on OK button and it will ask for confirmation, click on Delete files button to accept the information.