When you install Windows on your system, you will be asked to enter some information during the installation time. Registered name and Organization name is one of such things and you can enter any desired organization name or owner name at the time of installation. This information is shown in the System Properties, Windows Version and used when installing some third party applications.
If you have entered the incorrect name or if you want to change this information for any reason, then the below tutorial helps you to change the Registered owner and organization name in Windows.
How to Change registered owner and organization name in Windows
- First hit on WIN+R button to open the RUN dialog box and type regedit and press Enter and it will open the Registry Editor.
- Now go to the following key,
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current version
- In the right-side pane, change the value of RegisteredOwner and RegisteredOrganization to any desired string.
- If you want to change the owner name, double-click on Registered Owner and type a new owner name and click on OK. If you want to change the organization name, double-click on Registered Organization and type new organization name and click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor and open System properties again and now it will display the new Registered Owner and Organization names.
Confirming the changes
Follow the steps to confirm the applied changes.
- Open the Windows Explorer window and right click Start and then click on Explore.
- In the Windows explorer menu bar, click on Help and then click About Windows.
The about windows information screen displays and here verify that the owner and organization names show your changes.