On the way of making the Windows more secure Microsoft has added little extra, like you can see the extra lock screen you need to come across before going through the password section. If a person has touch screen PC or tablet, they can easily swipe up the extra layer of lock screen to enter into the main lock windows but for normal users, it sometimes annoys, mostly when you are in hurry.
If you want to remove or disable that extra step of security from your Windows 8 or 8.1 PC this tutorial is gonna help you all the way. Below I have posted two method to go through, one is regedit.exe(Registry editor method) method and another one is gpedit.msc(Group Policy editor).
Let walk through the app get the solution you are looking for,
Disable Lock Screen in Microsoft Windows 8 and 8.1
Method 1: Using Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc)
- Press Win+R to open Run windows and write gpedit.msc.
- Now follow the path after getting the Group Policy Windows:
Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Control Panel -> Personalization
- In the right side of the Windows, you will see an option called “Do not display the lock screen” to disabled.
- Just double click on it and make is enable to hide the lock screen on your Windows 8 or 8.1.
- That’s it, whenever you need to enable it again just follow the same path and make it disable.
Method 2: Using Registry Editor (regedit.exe)
- Here also just press Win+R to open the Run windows and then write regedit.exe.
Tip: Here you need to be careful while finding the appropriate path given below, so keep an eye always on the path.
- Path to follow:
- See the image below, if it is not showing means you need to create it manually.
- Select the Personalization key and create a new DWORD NoLockScreen and the set the value right to 1.
- Close the registry editor and log off your PC or laptop running Windows 8 or 8.1.
- Also, if anytime you need to restore it back, either delete the DWORD NoLockScreen or set its value to 0.