Most of us are not aware of the device Teleprompter,Question is running in your mind what is Teleprompter? A teleprompter is a device like a computer that displays any sort of text for a speaker or performer. This is usually out of the audience’s sight to maintain a professional image.
The teleprompter displays words right in front of the camera lens or in front of the audience, making it look like the person speaking has memorized what they were going to say or are speaking without any sort of script whatsoever. Because of where the teleprompter sits, the speaker looks directly into the camera or at the spectators, making them look confident and focused on speaking to their intended audience. This article give your the clear information about how this Teleprompter is working.
How this TelePrompter Works
- The central piece of the teleprompter is a sheet of beam splitter glass. This glass is angled within the teleprompter and then surrounded by dark plastic or fabric to essentially darken the glass and create a reflective surface for the script.
- The original source of the script will be seen similar to the small computer monitor, When the words reflect off angled piece the speaker will read without cluing the audience into the fact they’re reading a script.
- Because the words are mirrored from the original screen, the script would need to be reversed so the presenter isn’t staring at a mirrored jumble of backwards letters and words. The device used to produce the script should also be capable of scrolling through the lines at an appropriate and consistent speed.
- Since the reflected version glass on the front it wont show through another side.
- making it easy to film. It’s much like how the sun reflects off the front of a window at home, but you don’t see the same reflection from the inside.
- This is how the speaker is able to speak directly to the camera while reading straight off a script.
Uses of the Telepromt
Teleprompters are very highly useful devices, There are some programs that helps to make script as readable and other can help to control the speed at which the text is scrolled through. The actual process of scrolling through the script can also be done manually.