If you are looking to sync Windows Phone to a Mac computer then this post will surely help you out in no time, just follow the guide and you are done. Microsoft has developed and app to sync your Windows Phone files and data to a Mac computer (formerly it was known as Windows Phone 7 Connector of Mac).
The app allows you to to sync your favourite music, films and TV programmes, photos and videos, and podcasts from your Mac to your Windows Phone. Follow the steps to properly configure and sync the Windows Phone easily to your mac.
Download mac sync tool[iTunes Link]
How to Synchronize Windows Phone to a Mac
■ To sync music, pictures, videos and podcasts
- Connect your Windows Phone to your Mac PC using the USB cable that came with your phone inside the box as accessories. The Windows Phone app for Mac will start automatically. (You can manually open it as well)
- In the Sidebar of the Windows Phone app, click the type of content that you want to sync (Movies, TV Programmes, Podcasts, Music, Photos & Videos), then tick the checkbox for the content you are synchronizing.
Optional: You can choose to sync images from either your Aperture library or iPhoto library. If you want to include videos in the picture sync, check the Include videos checkbox as well.
- Now you have to select the files you want to synchronize,
> Protected media files in your iTunes libraries cannot be synchronized.
> To add a file to your phone manually, drag it from the Finder to the phone icon in the Sidebar and drop there.
> If the Windows Phone app doesn’t recognize your phone when you connect it, try unplugging it and connecting it again, just restart your device and try connecting it again.
■ Copy files from phone to mac
If you want to transfer your files from Windows Phone to mac PC then you have to walk through few more steps to accomplish it,
- Connect your device to your mac using the USB cable which you have got with the phone.
- The tool you have install for syncing will automatically open, there in the right hand side you will see your phone icon, click and browse the files.
- Now copy the file you want to keep on your mac computer.
- Also you can open a new library along side the phone windows so that you will be able to drag and drop the files from phone to mac or mac to phone as well.
That’t it, you have successfully Synchronized Windows Phone to a Mac, drop a comment if you have issues related to your Windows or Android phone, I will try to solve them out or at least I can suggest the way to get rid of them.