If you are interested to watch movies or TV episodes stored in your computer and want to watch them on your big screen Television. Here are the steps on how to easily stream those videos from your Mac to Xbox one. There is app available on App store called Sofa Play. If you are want to get this application Download Here. This article gives you how to stream videos from your Mac to Xbox One.
Steps to Follow to stream videos from Mac to Xbox One
- Initially you need to download the app Sofa Play from your app store on your Mac.
- Before installing the software ,Open Xbox Video on the Xbox One. If you do not have it yet, go to your Xbox home screen and scroll all the way to the right until you see the search tile. Look for Xbox Video and install it.
- Once you are done with installation, Open Sofa Play on your Mac and select the Xbox-System OS option from the drop down list.
- Now drag a movie or the video file you want to watch in to sofa play.
- That it, now video should start playing on your Xbox one.
There are some issues that sofa play unable to play the videos in .mov format. It did not have problems with .mp4 videos. And one more issue is Another is that I cannot drag the play head or have forward and reverse buttons on the Sofa Play player to skim through videos. It’s not a major issue though, since you can use your Xbox One controller, Smart Glass on mobile devices, or the Xbox One Media Remote. There is no issues other than this. We can download Sofa Play app with a price of $4.99.