Great news for all Xperia Z smartphone users, last evening Sony after the launch of Android Lollipop with Nexus 6 to roll out the Lollipop update to entire Xperia Z series. This is the first time Sony has decided to offer any recent update to wide range of devices. Here is the list of devices which are able to get the update:
Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR, Xperia Tablet Z, Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1S, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z1 Compact, Xperia Z2, Xperia Z2 Tablet, Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3v, Xperia Z3 Compact and Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact.
Sony also claims that the Play Store version of Z Ultra will be the first to taste the new flavor of Android, and promises more details soon. In a blog post Sony has revealed the complete road map of the update and will start rolling out the update early in 2015 considering Z3 series, Z2 and thereafter rest of the devices listed above.
Highlights of Android Lollipop 5.0
- Native battery saver feature that extends your device battery backup by up to 90 minutes
- One Android version for all devices – phone, tablet, smartwatch, TV and even car
- Guest mode & Android Smart Lock
- Improved graphics and improved audio, video, and camera capabilities
- Better overall performance with ART (New Android runtime, improves application performance and responsiveness)
- New ways to control when and how you receive notifications
- New quick settings
- Synced experience across devices: Songs, photos, apps, and even recent searches from one of your Android devices can be immediately enjoyed across all of your Android devices.
- Support for over 68 languages including Basque, Bengali, Burmese, Chinese (Hong Kong), Galician, Icelandic, Kannada, Kyrgyz, Macedonian, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Sinhala, Tamil, Telugu