Do you want to share your PC screen with one or more people, you probably have the Gmail open in it’s own tab. For this, a browser tool Screenleap which is very handy and it allows you to share your screen instantly from the Gmail or Google Apps email account.
Screenleap is an amazing tool because you don’t just need to stay on Gmail page, you can also browse through other websites, open new tabs, other apps and more. It is very good tool in the scenarios like training purposes, meetings, presentations and more.
How to share screen instantly from Gmail
- First add the Screenleap for Gmail extension from here. It is available for almost all major browsers.
- For Screenleap to work you need to have installed Java on your computer.
- Now go to the Gmail or Google Apps account and if you have already opened your email, you need to refresh the page.
- After installing the screenleap extension, you will find Screenleap icon at the top of the page. next to the search bar and by clicking on it will bring up the Share your screen button and click on it.
- Now screenleap will begin to run and you will get the short link to give to others so that they will be appeared on your screen.
- You can choose to share what is inside the green rectangle or you can share your entire screen. You can also adjust the rectangle size to share the part of the screen which you want.
- Now viewers can see your screen in full size or that they can fit it to their screen. They can also take focus away from you and then become a presenter, i.e, you will transfer the screen sharing abilities to them. Screen sharing can also be paused or stopped any time.