iCloud Drive is Apple’s new cloud service to store document and file management across iOS and OS X via cloud. If you’ve already updated your device to latest iOS 8 and you have an iCloud account, now can use iCloud Drive. Subscriptions range from free all the way to $19.99 a month, depending on how much space you want.
If you are not sure where to start using this latest Apple Service, go through this post to get step by step guide to setup and use iCloud Drive on latest launched iOS 8.
People who are running outdated version or unsupported version of iOS can’t be able to use the iCloud Drive services, means Mac OS has also the same issues, so better first get the update else forget about it. Mac OS X Yosemite is still on hold, so it won’t be better to say anything more about that.
In this post you are going to see different section of the process, starting from installing to start using it on iPhone or iPad.
- Enable iCloud Drive manually on iPhone and iPad
- Choose an iCloud Drive subscription plan
- Use iCloud Drive on your iPhone or iPad
How to setup and use iCloud Drive on iOS 8
■ Enable iCloud Drive manually on iPhone and iPad
At the time of installation of latest iOS, you should be prompted on whether or not you’d like to upgrade to iCloud Drive. If at that time you have said yes then no need to do anything, otherwise, here comes the tutorial.
- Go through the Settings app on your iPad or iPhone running the latest iOS 8.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Tap on iCloud Drive.
- You will see two options to choose from, one is ON and other is OFF, select on to enable it.
Choose an iCloud Drive Subscription
First time when you register for iCloud Drive, it offers 5 GB of Storage space for free, it this storage is not enough for you, can go for monthly subscription. Just follow the steps to choose an iCloud Subscription,
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 8 or higher.
- Now tap on the iCloud option to see options under this.
- There you will see an option called Storage, tap on it.
- Tap on Change Storage Plan.
- Select the storage plan that suits you best.
- Tap Buy in the upper right hand corner.
- It will ask you to sign in to iCloud to complete the payment.
Use iCloud Drive on your iPhone or iPad
As long as you’re signed into your iCloud Drive account on your iOS 8 running devices, apps that support iCloud Drive will ask you to open and save documents to it.
One of the best known features of iCloud Drive is it works in conjunction with OS X and Windows.