The first thing we do after getting any new phone is checking the options, settings and customizations features. Along with customizing your device, adding security is also very needed. Apple with iPhone 5s started offering Fingerprint touchID for extra security. Now, recently launched, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus has included the same Touch ID features as well, if you have own the iPhone 6, follow the steps below to setup Touch ID on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.
Here I am going to give a quick tip to setup Touch ID (Fingerprint security) on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus easily. However, process need some small things to do before going to set up fingerprint, such as you first need to set up normal lock with password that will become an alternate method to unlock your device after enabling Touch ID on your iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus.
How to setup Touch ID on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- First of all, open Settings.
- And see the option called ‘Add a Fingerprint‘ and tap on it.
- Now it will ask you to touch the sensor with your dominant thumb finger and make sure that you have covered the whole home button while doing this.
- Keep you thumb static while it scans completely, scanning hasn’t competed yet, here also you need to scan your finger print in four quadrants(Top Left, top right, bottom left, bottom right), here also cover the whole home button. (You can adjust your finger to do so)
- After it scans the quadrants, move the finger over to left and down.
- Now move the finger down, here also make sure that you have cover the home button completely.
- Finally, put your finger center on the home button just as you did in the first scan. After that you should be prompted to change your grip, if not, keep scanning your finger until it is done.
How to adjust finger grip
- Place the recognized finger and swipe around 45 degree to the right.
- Do swipe and scan the same but in left side.
- Position you finger in a manner that the top/tip will be at the center of the Home button.
- Repeat the same 1-4 steps until it get completed.
- If you want to add another finger, follow both the steps again.
Comment below, if you feel any difficulty doing this.