iCloud of the Apple is one of the best Cloud based service for iOS user. With the use of iCloud you can access your music, photos, documents and many more from whatever device you are on. And it is very simple to use. With the help of iCloud you can create a shared photo stream for your island holiday and you can see snapshots and videos from everyone in your group. You can also send a location-based alerts to your family members and then they will know just where you are and when you arrive at home.
And now you want to set up the Apple iCloud Mail using IMAP and SMTP, for access Apple iCloud mail from non-iOS devices such as Mac, Windows or even from Blackberry and Android or Windows Phone eco-system. Then this article is very helpful for you, you can step the iCloud Mail to other device in a very easy manner, for this you have to follow some easy, but important instruction.
- First of all you have to launch the Mail app of your choice.
- Now Add a new account.
- After that you have to enter the following IMAP server name: imap.mail.me.com
- Now Toggle SSL encryption to On or Yes.
- Then you have to set the port to 993.
- After that you have to enter – your Apple iCloud mail address as the username, using @me.com instead of @icloud.com — example: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Now you can enter your iCloud password.
- Then enter the following SMTP server name: smtp.mail.me.com
- Then toggle your SSL encryption to On or Yes.
- Now you have to set the port to 587.
- Then set the Authentication Required to Yes.
- Now enter your iCloud email address as the username, using @me.com instead of @icloud.com — example: email@example.com
- After that you have to entered your iCloud password to access the account
Note : If you receive errors using SSL, then you can try using TLS instead. If the setup is complete let me know which platform you are using it on and how it is working for you!