You are iCloud Email account user, and wants to access on an Android Smartphone. Whereas all Android devices require you to have a Google account and accompanying Gmail address, but you might want to keep using your iCloud account for email. But don’t worry, there is good news to you.
You can easily access and running your iCloud on your Android Smartphone or other Android device. Beside Gmail app on your Android phone or tablet, you should also have an app just called “Email.” (many email apps are available in the Play Store). After that you have to follow these important steps (which are working on Nexus 5) to setup iCloud Email accounts on Android Smartphone.
Steps to Setup iCloud Email Account on Android
- When asked for the IMAP server, then enter imap.mail.me.com.
- Your username is the name part of your @icloud.com address.
- Your password should be the same as your Apple ID password.
- Certificates should be set to SSL, or SSL (accepts all certificates) if you’re having issues connecting.
- The port number needs to be 993.
After when you completely entered all the above information, now tap on next and here you find the setup page for the SMTP section of the outgoing mail. At here you have to these following steps-
- When asked for the SMTP server, enter smtp.mail.me.com.
- Username and password should be entered as above.
- Set certificates to either SSL or TLS (again, you may need to hit the option to accept all certificates). Personally, I had to use the TLS option.
- The port number needs to be 587.
- If asked about SMTP authentication being required, hit yes.
Now your iCloud account setup on your Android Phone. And you can easily access mail and other feature of Apple iCloud in your Android Smartphone, without any problem. And now you can access iCloud and Gmail account features on your Android Smartphone.