iOS 8 brings an awesome feature that lets you set messages to delete automatically after a set amount of time and the main reason that Apple introduced this new feature to overcome from regular text messages to iMessages to photos, videos, and audio notes, they all take up space in the internal memory. In some cases even it may occupy several gigabytes. If you are not aware of how to set messages to delete automatically on iOS 8 then go through this guide which gives you clear information about this.
How to set messages to delete automatically on iOS 8
- Initially open the settings on your iOS 8 device and tap on the messages.
- Once you tap on the messages, under the message History section tap on keep messages.
- Tap on either one year or thirty days, which ever you would like.
- In the popup menu tap on the delete to confirm you would like iOS to delete any messages older than the specified time period.
- But you cannot have any option to do undo.
- That’s it now your messages will automatically delete all the messages that are older than specific time. This tip will definitely helpful for the iPhone users who are using less internal storage memory like 16 GB.