Samsung today has announced the first smartphone powered by its home made Operating System dubbed as Samsung Z. Samsung has launched the Samsung Z few months after launching the range of Tizen powered wearable. It has 4.8 inch super AMOLED HD display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution. It is powered by 2.3 GHz quad core processor and runs on the Tizen OS 2.2.1 version.
It feature the 8 megapixel rear camera which features auto focus and LED flash and 2.1 megapixel front camera. It has 2 GB RAM including 16 GB internal memory which can be expandable up to 64 GB with the help of micro SD card. It offers the faster startup time and also the immediate multi-tasking capabilities and supports smoother scrolling and 2D and 3D graphic qualities and an improved rendering web browsing performance.
It features a built in heart rate sensor and fingerprint sensor similar to Samsung Galaxy S5. It comes with the preloaded apps such as S Health 3.0, download booster and some more apps and features. It has so many features which are similar to that of Samsung Galaxy S5. It sports a leather like back cover which we can found in Note 3. Samsung is in plans to launch the Tizen store along with this smartphone.
- Display : 4.8 inch, Super AMOLED HD display, 1280 x 720 pixels.
- Processor : 2.3 GHz quad core processor.
- Operating System : Tizen OS 2.2.1
- Rear Camera : 8 megapixel rear camera with auto focus and LED flash.
- Front camera : 2.1 megapixel.
- RAM : 2 GB.
- Storage : 16 GB internal and 64 GB external memory expandable using micro SD card.
- Pre-loaded features : S Health 3.0, Heart rate sensor, Finger print sensor and download booster.
- Battery : 2600 mAh battery which features ultra power saving mode.
- Dimensions : 138.2 x 69.8 x 8.5mm
- Weight : 136 grams.
This smartphones are to come in two colors Black and Gold and these are to be available in Russia from Q3, 2014. Overall, the hardware specifications are so good, but the issue is regarding the Tizen OS, because it is hard to expect how users react to it.