Smartphone leader in India has reportedly rolling out the Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS update to Galaxy Note 3 Neo in India with many new features. The new update with the build number: KOT49H.N750XXUCNG6 coming with the data size of 495.61 MB, available for Galaxy Note 3 Neo via OTA (Over-The-Air) as of now, one can also update their mentioned device manually by using Samsung Kies companion.
If you are still waiting ti get the update notification, you might follow this to check for updates manually on your phone, Applications >> Settings >> About Device >> Software update > Check for update.
Note: Since the roll out process needs to cover certain phases to reach your device, so there might is possibility not get the update now, but I would suggest you to keep checking for updates, at anytime it may arrive to your phone.
Earlier this month, the company had offered the new 4.4.2 KitKat update to their Galaxy Grand 2 devices, featuring almost similar features to the mid-range device.
If you are going to experience the KitKat firmware for the first time, look at the main highlights that gives you the idea what you are about to get withing hours.
- Improved Caller-ID: If a user receives a call from an unknown number, the phone will look for matches on the net with local listings via Google Maps.
- Enhanced Message grouping: Google has brought in some improvements to the new Hangouts app; now, users can find all their SMS and MMS, audio and video call details all at one place. You can also share the location and send animated GIFs.
- Emoji Characters: Initially users had to install third-party apps to use colorful characters in their SMS. Now, with KitKat update, the keypad comes pre-loaded with native Japanese Emoji emotion icons.
- Priority Contacts: The new OS empowers the phone to automatically prioritize contact list for easy access, based on the frequency of the peoples’ contacts to which users talk.
- Location Menu: This integrated location menu enables users easily activate GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks, while simultaneously keeping a tab on the battery consumption by the location service-based apps.
- Immersive display: To enhance the entertainment factor, the new OS comes with immersive mode, where the status bar and navigation buttons disappear into the background while you play music, games and read e-books. Users can just swipe the edge of the screen to bring back the utility buttons.