Galaxy Note 4 is the latest flagship device from Samsung and the successor of the Galaxy Note 3 comes with all new latest equipped hardware and features. The phone is packed with a number of features including awesome multitasking feature with multi windows option. Even after getting that much features with a device still we people look to get more out of it, and probably rooting is the only method that can offer you better performance optimization, memory management and more than the stock ROM.
If you also want to add more features to your device? Here comes the rooting guide that will help you to get more. Follow the step by step guide to gain root access on your Verizon Galaxy Note 4 SCH-I545.
- With the help of root access one can remove those apps which are pre-installed by your network provider or by manufacturer.
- Because of rooting you can also get the free storage space, rooted apps are available for efficient memory management.
- Rooting is also increase the battery life of the Smartphone because those running constantly can be removed).
- The performance of the Smartphone is also be increased(after removing apps that are always running, the device will be less bogged down and run smoother).
- After rooting user can also update their phone to the latest version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM).
- It provide customization options when you use your new administrative rights to flash a custom ROM (again, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
Things you need to do
- This will void the warranty of your device.
- Download and install proper USB drive, you might use Samsung Kies.
- The process mentioned below requires a Windows PC.
- You must have enabled the USB debugging on your device (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging).
- For security reasons, create a complete backup of all your data.
Note: The rooting method mentioned below is only available for Verizon Galaxy Note 4 SCH-I545, don’t try on any other variant of Note 4.
How to root Verizon Galaxy Note 4 SCH-I545
- First things first, take the NG6 Firmware update through OTA or manual process.
- Download and install the Towelroot app on your device → Click Here To Download
- Download the NC5 stock kernel I545_NC5_Stock_Kernel.tar.md5, and flash it using the Odin tool. For detailed guide → Click Here
- Now root your Galaxy S4 using the Towelroot app. Just hit the Make it Rain button in the app to root your device.
- Once the device is rooted, download the I545_NG6_Stock_Kernel.tar.md5 and flash it using the Odin tool to get back to the stock NG6 kernel.
- Reboot the device and enjoy the root permissions on your Galaxy S4.