Just few months back Samsung has launched the largest flagship with all new remarkable features and hardware, yes I am talking about the Galaxy S5. According to the Samsung this is a complete smartphone in this planet that features, fitness tracker, finger print sensor, great camera and much more. Also we have seen that last year after the launch of Galaxy S4 they launched S4 Active version that differs the build and design along with some internal changes.
Samsung again launched the Active version of Samsung Galaxy S5 with attractive and robust design. The Galaxy S5 Active manages to do all this without feeling like a tank by design, though. To be clear, there’s not much about it that’s dainty. It’s a big, semi-rugged phone. When you old it, you don’t worry about it. There is still a whole bunch of glass on the front, of course — that 5.1-inch display has quite the footprint, but it’s also very excellent in the full Florida sun — but at least there’s a little bit of a lip to keep it off the workbench should you leave it face down.
Benefits of Rooting Samsung Galaxy S5 Active
- Remove apps that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance
- Tons of other customization when you use your new found administrative rights to flash a custom ROM
- Free up storage space (because of the above benefit).
- Update to a new version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
Galaxy S5 Active App Interface
Warning: This will void the warranty of your device. You’re doing this procedure at your own risk. We aren’t responsible for the consequences of this procedure.
Download : Towelroot apk file
How to root Samsung Galaxy S5 Active SM-G870A
- Once after downloading the apk file on your phone. Make sure that you have installed any file manager app on your device.
- Go to the Setting menu and enable the Unknown sources on your device by going to, here is the complete path: Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown sources.
- Open File Manager and tap on Towelroot.apk and install it on your phone.
- Now open Towelroot from your App menu and tap on ‘make it ra1n‘.
- It will start rooting your device.
- Once it’s get done, head over to the Google Play store and download and install SuperSU.
- That’s it, your device now have root access.
If you are facing issues with downloading files or in following steps, do comment below your queries, I will try to solve them all.