Nvidia has launched the new flagship in the Shield family, including Shield tablet and Shield wireless controller. Designed by Nvidia, the Shield tablet is the first and foremost high-performance tablet running the most advanced mobile processor, Tegra K1 coupled with 192 GPU cores.
As the tablet is running Android operating system, it is open to customize all the way you can. Gamers can now get root access and install custom recovery shared by recognized XDA developer, Unjustified Dev. Here comes the advantages of having a rooted smartphone or tablet.
- Remove apps that were pre-installed by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Many of other customization options are there you can get by flashing a custom ROM that requires root access.
- Increase performance (after removing apps that are always running, the device will be less bogged down and run smoother).
- Update to a new version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- Free up storage space (because of the above benefit).
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
Things to be done:
- This will void the warranty of your device.
- The process mentioned below doesn’t require PC, but it will be better if have along with you.
- You must have installed proper driver on your PC.
- You must have enabled the USB debugging on your device (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging).
- And Unknown sources as well by (Settings > Security > Unknown sources).
How to root Nvidia Shield Tablet
- Download Towelroot apk file. Hear over to the official Towelroot page and clock on big Lamda to begin the download. [Alternate Link].
- If you have directly downloaded the file to your device then its OK, otherwise you need to connect your device to your PC and transfer the file into the SD card to your device.
- Now go to Settings>> Security on your device and enable Unknown sources option
- Head over to the folder where you have copied the downloaded apk file tr.apk, tap to begin installation.
- After installation, go to the app menu and run the Towelroot app, and tap make it ra1n button.
- Now you have rooted your device, but you are one step behind to achieve it successfully.
- Head over to Google Play Store and Download SuperSu app, that’s it.
How to install CWM Recovery on Nvidia Shield Tablet
- After gaining the root access, head over to the download link given here to get the CWM recovery file on your desktop. [Download CWM Recovery]
- Again connect your device and copy the downloaded CWM recovery file to the device’s SD card.
- Now you need to install an app called Flashy app that helps you get the CWM installed on your device. [Download Flashy app]
- Open the app and follow the steps to install the CWM recovery.
- I hope you won’t get any difficulty doing this.