The latest Moto X 2014 edition brings lots of new features and few hardware upgrades which will convince you to buy this beast. If you have already bought one and if you want to root it. Rooting is the process which let you unlock the full potential of your device.
- Removes the apps that are pre-installed on your device and frees the storage space
- Increases the battery life and performance
- Updates to the latest version of Android
- Lots of other customizations can be done when you use your administrative rights to flash a custom ROM.
Before you begin
- Rooting will void warranty of your device and this works on device model XT1095
- You must have unlocked the bootloader for this procedure to work
- Download Root tool from here
How to root Motorola Moto X
- Extract the files from the downloaded root tool package on to the desktop
- Enable USB debugging on your device by going to Menu>settings>Developer Options>USB debugging
- Connect your device to the PC with USB cable
- From the extracted files double click on Root Tool .bat file and it will launch
- Press 1 and then hit enter, it will push the Super SU files to your device
- After it’s done, press 2 and then hit enter. It will flash the CWM recovery on your device and reboot to the same
- In recovery mode, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard
- Choose SuperSU.zip to be flashed on your device
- Now it will begin flashing the selected .zip file on your Moto X
- After it is done, select reboot system now and your device will reboot.
That’s it, your Moto X has been now rooted and has a custom recovery and now you can install root-only apps, flash the custom ROMs and do tons of customizations on your device.