Are you wanted to root your’s Motorola Droid Mini, and you are finding the simplest method for rooting. Then here is the method which can help you. Once you have followed all the steps which are given below, then you’ll have root-access on your Motorola Droid Mini Smartphone.
Once you have root access on your Motorola Droid Mini, you’ll be able to.
Here are Benefits of Rooting of the Motorola Droid Mini
- You can able to remove the apps which were pre-installed by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Free up storage space (because of the above benefit).
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance (after removing apps that are always running, the device will be less bogged down and run smoother).
- Update to a new version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- It provide customization’s option when you use your new found administrative rights to flash a custom ROM (again, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
Here are the Requirements for Rooting of the Droid Mini
- This will void the warranty of the device
- This process works on only Windows PC’s
- Appropriate drivers must be installed in the PC’s
- Download and installed the proper USB driver on your PC.
- You must have enabled the USB debugging on your device (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging).
Here are Files to Download
- First of all you have to download and install the PwnMyMoto into your desktop. You can download the apk file PwnMyMoto from here!
- After that you have to download the ADB file and installed it in you Windows’s PC. You can download the file from here!
Steps to Rooting the Motorola Droid Mini
- First of all you have to extract the files from ADB to your desktop by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- After that you have to enable the USB debugging on your device by going to Menu > Settings > Developer options > USB debugging.
- Then you can plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
- Now you have to launch the Command Prompt Window on your desktop. To do that, hold down Shift and right-click on any blank area on your screen and select Open command window here.
- Now you have to type in following command into the Command Prompt Window. And make sure that to replace filename.apk with the actual name of the APK file that you have downloaded. – adb install -r filename.apk
- It should install the PwnMyMoto app on your device.
- Once installed, launch it from your App Drawer.
- Now it should begin rooting in your device, and your device might be reboot 2-3 times during the process.
- When it’s done, go to the Google Play store and download and install SuperSU on your device.
- And now your Droid Mini is fully rooted.