Are you having the popular HTC Desire 610 and looking to get the root access to improve its performance and battery life?, No problem, this guide will sure teach you how to root your Desire 610.
Rooting is the best way to utilize your device’s hardware to highest level. There are several advantages of rooting over normal that might give you the complete idea why this can be helpful to your device.
- Free up storage space (because of the above benefit).
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Remove apps that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Update to a new version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- Many of other customization options are there you can get by flashing a custom ROM that requires root access.
- Increase performance (after removing apps that are always running, the device will be less bogged down and run smoother).
Things to be done:
- Enable USB debugging mode on your device, here is the path – Settings-> Applications->Development-> USB Debugging
- During rooting you might lose your data, so it would be better if you first create a complete backup of your data and save it somewhere in your PC.
- Battery is the only source of your device to keep live, so better you fully charge your device to avoid any interruption while rooting.
- You must have to unlock your device’s bootloader from the official HTCdev link.
- Also you must have installed proper USB drives on your computer that helps your device to connect properly.
Files to Download
- Download and extract Fastboot.zip on your desktop.
- Download TWRP Recovery image zip file and extract.
- Download SuperSu zip file.
How to root HTC Desire 610
- Plug in your device to your PC via USB cable.
- Launch a Command Prompt Window on your desktop.
- Here is the first command you need to write on Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot fastboot
- Soon your device will reboot into Fastboot mode.
- Now rename the extracted TWRP image file to recovery.img. and then write the command on the windows again,
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- It will start flashing the TWRP on your device.
- Now again connect your device to your PC and transfer the SuperSU zip file to your device’s SD card.
- Now Switch off your smartphone and boot into recovery mode, to do so Volume Down+Power Button and this time select recovery using volume rocker Key.
- In recovery mode you will see many option, select ‘install zip from SD card‘ and browse the SuperSu you just copied into your device’s SD card and hit enter to begin the rooting process.
- After rooting restart you device.