Most of the internet users don’t know that they can search the internet using the images. There are few reasons why the webmasters should regularly do the reverse image searching.
- It shows where you are quoted, if you have uploaded profile picture it is good to do the reverse image search because there are many people re-post or share posts without telling the author name and also they use the author’s photo to accredit them.
- Reveals Plagiarism, pinning the picture is not plagiarism, but using those images on you site without accreditation is plagiarism. The original author would have bought the same image you used so it is always best to use the customized images or your original one.
- Easy way to get links, if someone has used any of your image and got more popularity then instead of reporting you can ask them to remedy the situation by providing the link to your site.
- Find if people are real, uploading your photo is the best way to find out if you are being fraud online and you can report the impostor.
How to do reverse image searching
- First visit images.google.com to start the process.
- Now you will find a camera image on the search bar and click on it.
- Here you will be asked to screen capture or upload the image in the search engine. You can also paste the URL of the image in the search area.
- After uploading or pasting the image now click on search by image and now Google will list the the places where the images were used. You will be shown the similar images and once you found your images used by others then start your investigation.