There are many way to reset the password in the Windows Operating system. The Microsoft Windows allows the user to create a password reset disk which can reset your password in an approved manner. Resetting a password is very simple and easy.
Methods to Reset Forgotten Password in Windows
Bypass and Reset Tools –
- If you want some tool then you can use the Offline NT or Password & Registry Editor. And for this you need a boot disk or USB drive. Or either a live Linux system or a specialized Offline NT Password & Registry Editor boot disc. These tools will help the user to edit the Windows registry, and also allowing them to clear the password associated with the user account.
- With the help of this tool Windows OS user can then boot into Windows and log into the account without a password.
- In the case of Windows 8 or 8.1 Operating system, the user can uses the Microsoft account, so they can always reset the password of the built-in Administrator account to gain access.
Resetting Your Forgotten Windows Password –
- And for this you have to enter the boot disk or boot USB and then you have to choose the “Repair your computer” option from the lower left-hand corner.
- Follow through until you get to the option to open the Command Prompt, and that you have to select.
- And after that you have to type in the following command to backup the original sticky keys file:
- And after that you will copy the command prompt over top of the sticky keys executable:
- Now reboot Your Windows System
- Once you get to the login screen, now you have to hit the Shift key 5 times, and you will get an administrator mode command prompt
- Now to reset the password by only typing the following command, and replacing the username and password according to the user choice :
net user Brandon MyNewPassword
- Now you can Login again.
Note : You have to put the original sethc.exe file back, that you can do with your rebooting into the installation CD, opening the command prompt, and copying the c:\sethc.exe file back to c:\windows\system32\sethc.exe.